March 1, 2013

Clover Pillow

{It's March}!
And we all know what that means...time to pull out your St. Patties day decorations.
Mine are lacking so I thought I better get busy making a few things!

No, tutorial this time. But no worries, it's so simple you'll whip it out in an hour.

I cut out a clover stencil with laminate paper using my Cricut(seriously, get yourself some laminate paper...I've used it for who knows how many crafts projects...it's so great to have on hand)!

  • Paint the clovers onto your burlap(In a line, square, just one...)
  • Let dry, then trace on your design(I went with chevron, because I'm still obsessed with it). Who doesn't love a little splash of chevron.
  • I hand painted my stripes then finished it off with an outline of gold puff paint.
  • Finish it into a simple square pillow(or pillow case, like I did). Or throw it in a cute frame and hang it on the wall.
Quick, and cute piece to add to your St. Pattrick's Day stash.

update: I loved how the pillow turned out so I went ahead and made a matching clover to frame.

What kind's of St. Patrick's Day decor do you have in mind this year?



2 comments:

  1. I love this! I just found your site tonight while doing a google search....i noticed you said a while back that you had family up at BYUI. Do you live in ID? If so, you should join our ID bloggers guild! let me know.

    Megan
    www.crafterclub.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Megan, I do have lots of family up at BYUI still. Sadly I don't live in Idaho anymore...wish I did!

      Delete

Blogging tips